Chosen by brands large and small
Our timeline maker is used by over 17,603,456 marketers, communicators, executives and educators from over 120 countries that include:
Our easy-to-use timeline templates give you a quick and easy starting point to create your timeline. A professionally designed template is your fast track to stunning-looking visuals – simply choose a style from the timeline examples below, and click to start editing.
Features of the Timeline Maker
Check out Visme's full suite of intuitive and easy-to-use features, helping you create informational timeline infographics in minutes.
Beautiful timeline templates
Log into your Visme Dashboard and click the Infographics tab. Once inside, click on the Timeline category at the top of the search results. Browse through all the available templates in the timeline maker to find one that pertains to your topic or industry.Create Your Timeline
Build your timeline
Once you’ve selected your template – or if you choose to start from scratch – Visme makes it easy to build out your timeline. Take advantage of drag-and-drop diagramming tools with various shapes and lines. Add pre-designed font pairs to flesh out your timeline information. Easily expand the length dragging the bottom of your canvas down to give you more space.Create Your Timeline
More Great Features of the Timeline Maker
- Easy-to-customize templates to choose from
- Mix and match fonts and colors to make it your own or upload your branding
- Hundreds of thousands of icons and photos to add to your timelines
- Easy drag-and-drop design tools, made with the non-designer in mind
- Create a standalone timeline or add one to a presentation or report
- Download as a high resolution image to share online
What is a Timeline?
A timeline is a visual presentation or display of a list of events in chronological order. It is essentially a graphic that depicts a linear (sometimes curve) bar composed of labels containing dates in parallel to it.
Timelines are useful to visualize any type of development by providing the viewer an easy-to-understand history of events and helping to grasp the past and ongoing trends in that period of time.Create Your Timeline
Use the timeline maker to create a linear representation of important events.
Create a timeline infographic that showcases a period of time in history, share a company’s history and how it got to where it is today, help viewers understand the history of a particular item or concept, and more.
More Than a Timeline Maker
With easy-to-use diagramming tools and a variety of lines and shapes, you can easily create a comprehensive and unique timeline design.
MAKE IT ENGAGING
Create interactive timelines with popup and rollover effects that allow your viewer to interact with your design to learn more information.
VISUALIZE NUMBERS WITH A CLICK
Charts & Graphs
Visualize information beautifully with charts, graphs, flowchart elements, data widgets and other customizable design assets.
BEAUTIFY YOUR CONTENT
Images and Graphics
Choose from over a million stock photos, icons, illustrations, animated graphics and more to create a completely unique timeline design.
How to Make a Timeline in 5 Steps
Not a designer? You don’t need to be! Even with little to no design skills, you can still create beautiful and easy-to-understand timeline infographics with Visme’s drag-and-drop interface.
Follow these five simple steps to create your own timeline design quickly.
- Browse through the collection of timeline templates until you find one that best fits your vision.
- Swap the placeholder content and dates for your own timeline information by double clicking each text box.
- Customize your design by incorporating icons, stock photos, shapes, lines and more from the left sidebar.
- Incorporate your brand fonts, colors and logo to increase brand recognition in your timeline design.
- Download your timeline as a high resolution image to share online or generate a shareable link or embed code.
Make the Most of the Timeline Maker
- We have timeline templates for biographical information, company history, processes and more. Select a template that’s in line with your needs to make customization quick and easy.
- Put together an outline of your content on a piece of paper or in an online document before you start on the design so that you know how many items your timeline infographic needs to include.
- Add a bold header to the top of your timeline that lets your viewer know at a glance what kind of information they’ll be learning about in your content.
- Use no more than 2-3 fonts and colors throughout the timeline design as to not overwhelm your viewer or create a cluttered infographic design.
- Incorporate similar line and shape designs throughout your timeline to create a cohesive design.
- Drag and drop icons, photos, graphics and more from the left sidebar to decorate your timeline.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Simply start with a template or blank canvas, add your information into the design, incorporate your brand fonts and colors, add design elements from the left sidebar, and download to share with your audience.
Yes. The timeline generator lets you customize every single section of the template. You can change the icons, the graphics, the colors, the backgrounds, and fonts easily.
Making a timeline with Visme is totally free. You can download or embed the finished graphic and use it however you want. If you would like to download it as a PDF with bleed marks, or an .html file, then you will need a Visme Standard Plan.
Yes, you can add animation to any section of your timeline infographic. The timeline maker will let you animate anything in the design. Remember to keep it balanced.
Yes, of course! All your Brand Kit assets are available in the timeline maker. You can apply your color palette, fonts and logo easily.